The Artistic Crafts of the Manufacture pay tribute to the art of tessellation.
• Second series in the Vacheron Constantin Métiers d’Art Les Univers Infinis replica collection, inspired by the work of the Dutch artist Maurits Cornelis Escher
• A mechanical self-winding movement, entirely developed and crafted by VAcheron Constantin
• A limited, numbered series of 20 watches for each model, all certified by the Hallmark of Geneva
• A tribute to the graphic expression of the periodic paving technique known as “tessellation”
• A subtle blend of the Artistic Crafts cultivated by the Manufacture: engraving, enamelling, gemsetting, guilloché work and the new technique of gold and mother-of-pearl marquetry
Representing the second chapter in a collection presented in 2012 at the Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie in Geneva, the new fake VC Métiers d’Art Les Univers Infinis creations, inspired by the work of Dutch artist Cornelis Escher, pursue this glowing tribute to the graphic art of tessellation.
Red, brown, gemset or silver-toned, the lizards take over the dial to create a captivatingly animated effect.
Inspired by one of the Dutch artist’s lithographs named Reptiles, the watch springs to life beneath the intermingled effect of four ancestral decorative arts.
Vividly expressing the creativity of the Master Craftsmen whose skills are so greatly valued by the Manufacture, they illustrate the ties between watchmaking and culture that Vacheron Constantin copy watch has been perpetuating ever since its founding. At the crossroads between past, present and future, these timepieces embody the challenges taken up by the artisans of Vacheron Constantin and governed by a combination of talent, discipline and instinct.
The engraver begins his work by hollowing out the motifs from a yellow gold base. The enameller then fills in the lizards heading southwards with a taupe-coloured enamel, while those going west are coated in crimson red.
The gemsetter then chooses to adorn the coats of certain reptiles with round-cut diamonds and finally, the master guillocheur dextrously enlivens the remaining lizards by highlighting their tiny scales measuring just a few tenths of a millimetre.
Steel fake Vacheron Constantin Métiers d’Art Lizard watch
Engraving, Grand Feu enamelling, gemsetting and guilloché work.